Combination Dance Company would like to engage an experienced Dance Manager with fundraising experience in a development and fundraising project.
BY WAY OF BACKGROUND….
In the last 5 years Combination Dance Company (CDC), has developed a strong track record in creating performances, tours and participatory projects with some large delivery and venue partners including:
- Imperial, UCL, MMU Universities
- The National Physical Laboratory,
- High Speed 1 St Pancras
- Victoria Business Improvement District and Network Rail
- Big Dance
- Rambert School
- The National Archives
Funding has been received from organisations including Arts Council England, Sport England, London Borough of Richmond, Gems Education International, Victoria BID. Previously, this has been for creative work only, and proved sporadic at times.
The feedback received for CDC’s projects is consistently very positive and there is a strong will to create more meaningful work. This means the charity must develop a clearer and more sustainable funding strategy to grow the management capabilities and support the developing artistic capabilities. Funds to maintain a salary to engage a Dance Manager long-term is also a key goal.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILIES
The Dance Manager would initially work 4 full days analysing the charity’s current position and research funding options (grant opportunities, corporate, crowdfunding and other ideas). They will also spend time with CDC’s Artistic Director to help align their research with the charity’s vision.
After the 4 days, the Dance Manager will prepare a report for the Board of Trustees to be presented at The General Board Meeting on 20th August 2018. The funding options should focus on increasing the core-cost budget and improving longevity. Options should include a combination of “project”, “core” and “developmental/infrastructure” funding.
The board request the report includes, but is not limited to addressing the following key areas:
- List of our “competitors”/charities within the same space – size, funding, staff, sector/industry
- Where CDC sits within the competitor landscape
- List of specified grants CDC can apply for
- List of unspecified grants CDC can apply for
- List of corporate companies CDC could approach for a grant
- Any other avenues to explore for that may be slightly different e.g. crowdfunding
Once the recommended funding avenues have been agreed upon by the Board, there is the potential for the Dance Manager’s contract to be taken forward in order to work with the Artisitc Director to complete the applications. In the instances where CDC is successful, there will be the potential for the Dance Manager to continue working on projects and performances as well as assisting with the smooth running of CDC.
- Four full days over 1 week
- £150 per day
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Fundraising experience in an artistic environment is essential
- Past dance management experience is important
- Budget management, financial planning and strong organizational skills are desirable
- CDC is looking for someone tenacious with an ability to show initiative and work independently
- Good communication and enthusiasm is also desirable.
PLEASE SEND CVS TO:
Anne-Marie Smalldon, Artistic Director, Combination Dance Company
About Combination Dance Company
Combination Dance Company is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee.
Charity number - 1123954
Company Number – 4326359
Combination Dance exists to provide professional dance performances for broad public audiences and opportunities to participate in dance, primarily but not exclusively in Greater London.
Our mission is to enrich the lives of individuals and the strength of communities through participation in dance activities and watching dance performance. We aim to offer experiences that connect with people and the issues that affect their lives.
Our vision is one where the people of the London and beyond are positively engaging with dance as part of their lives, enjoying its physical, psychological, creative, social, cultural and specific health benefits as individuals and communities.
Please view www.combinationdance.co.uk
In particular, please view the 100nehundred page as an example of our latest work and most interesting collaborations to date: http://combinationdance.co.uk/index.php/performance-projects/100nehundred/
More site-specific work on film: