Nadja Dias is an independent senior producer and consultant with over 10 years’ experience working internationally for organisations and artists including Candoco Dance Company, Sadler’s Wells, Nigel Charnock, Gecko and Liverpool Biennial. She is currently working with Scottish multi-disciplinary artist Claire Cunningham and is supporting Joan Cleville Dance.
Nadja is interested in working with and supporting artists in the development of sustainable producing models and long term partnerships, including securing of funding, co-commissions and producing of projects, tours and company management.
As Producer for Candoco Dance Company and as part of their senior management team she was responsible for the development and producing of the company’s live programmes, encompassing national and international touring, performances in traditional and non-traditional settings, artist development and learning projects.
Through international co-commissions, an understanding of strategic touring and careful development of long term partners and networks she has been able to support creation of work and distribution in an international context- with a specific understanding of work led by disabled practitioners and artists interested in questioning and challenging our understanding of ‘dance’.
Her work focuses on:
- International and national producing of projects, performance and live work and co-productions, including tour booking with a view to develop key presenting partner relationships
- company & project management, including financial management and budgeting, contract negotiation, staffing, strategic & business planning
- fundraising, including national and international funding programmes
- marketing & communication
- tour & project management, including overseeing logistics and staffing, tour management and administration
Nadja has studied Theatre and Culture Studies at the University of Leipzig and holds a B.A. (1st class hons.) in Performing Arts & Entertainment Management from the Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts.